Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reading...........

I have loved "reading" (audio book) this book about the books Pat Conroy has read. More than any book Pat Conroy  has written.(Except "The Water is Wide")
His perspective of a book as a parachute in a troubling time has made me reflect on my reading life too.
Pat's book has caused me to roll down a highway laughing out loud during a summer of murky trials.  He reminded me that a good read can be one of the best stay-cations.
His moving retells of books like "War and Peace" almost make me think I could, would should read it too.
Oh, yeah, 1081 pages plus dyslexia plus zillions of characters equals a door stop.
But, his poignant illustrations of the power of a timely story have reminded me of the books that helped form me.
Pippi Longstocking lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment