Friday, January 11, 2013

Special Ocassions

If asked on the spur of the moment, I would actually know; Who is the President, What country am I in and What year it is.  So to my way of thinking -- it's a good day.  Maybe even a special day because who knows what looms in the future for my brain cells?
To this end I've decided it's TIME.
Time to use the good stuff.

When I was growing up and we had company my mother would starch and iron the pillow slips her mother had stitched.
I would look at those slips and imagine the sweet dreams our guests would have while resting on those cool crisp pillows.
Years later as I was packing up mother's home I brought these back with me for my special occasions and I've used them with pride.
Today I'm shipping them back to mom for her to rest her lovely head on in her assisted living apartment.
It won't be an easy sell to the woman who washes and reuses aluminum foil.  She'll protest they are too nice to use for every day.  But I will insist that every day she is still in my life is a special day for me.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!

    I looked at a picture of your lovely mother the other night. Y'all were at Bev's.

    Your Mom is a special lady...
    Fond memories of a Skipper doll one Christmas when whoever drew my name didn't show up. SO you or your sister missed out on the Skipper from Santa Claus!


    <><

    ReplyDelete