Monday, April 6, 2009

We just said "Good-bye" to our friends Diane (Kean) and Bob Bramblett. We had a wonderful week here as they escaped the dreary weather in Kentucky and Bob recuperated from the side effects of his latest Chemo. Diane and I soldered on through her first husbands battle with pancreatic cancer and now -- Bob her second husband has been diagnosed with the same disease.
It was a week full of emotions. Tears for the pain and loss, laughter for the absurdities of everyday life, prayers for endurance, and joy in the wonder of God's creation. Diane and I laugh about how we huddle together when life gets tough. We decided that when she sees me coming she might wonder what is around the corner. I'm so grateful for friends on this journey.
My friend Linda Stowell shared this poem with me. It helped her Mom overcome the death of her daughter.
Light from Many Lamps
God, make me brave for life: Oh, Braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, As a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again. God, make me brave for life;
Much braver than this. As the blown grass lifts,
Let me rise from sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Your way is wise. God, Make me brave,
Life brings Such blinding things…Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see aright That out of the dark comes light.
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment