Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New York city -- Come Fly With Me

to NYC!

I'm going to take you along on Suzanne and Leslie's BIG adventure.
New York is my "Happy Place". I have been there twice this year and it never fails to inspire me.
My alarm went off at 4:00 am on Thursday morning and by 11:30 we were at the Port Authority in Midtown. The Westin Hotel was right across the street and it is beautiful.
I'm a Priceline fan and we were able to stay at this four star palace for $185.00 per night. Unbelievable when you consider that the going rate starts at $325.00.
The views from our bedroom
This roof top says "Summer Party" to me.

We launched out to Times Square for food and the lay of the land. Pizza Rolls (This guy has the best!), Theater tickets (Momma Mia for Friday night), and the general excitement of the city.
Look who we ran into................

She is from Wisconsin and a waitress at the Starlight Lounge.

This daring couple had just been married.

And this was their limo.

Dessert was a piece of cheesecake and we knew we had arrived.
Next morning found us at

the Chelsea Food Market
Home of

We loved the tastes

                                                                               

(These are cup cakes!)

and fun atmosphere


All of the food network stars shop here and it is evident that only the best will do.
A must for anyone passing through the city.
Being the Queen of Fun I guess it makes sense that I love this waky, happy, random city!


No comments:

Post a Comment