Monday, February 14, 2011

I Miss Erma

Erma Bombeck that is.  Some people come and go and you hardly remember they were here.
But some, like Erma, leave a hole that is left empty.
Everyday about three o'clock I wonder what I can throw together for dinner.  Nothing sounds good and there is usually a deficit of ingredients to make a simple but delicious meal.
That is when I remember Erma's advice for such a time as this.

"Toss an onion in the oven and turn it on 350 degrees.  The aromas will keep your family assured that something is on the way.   At 5:30 after your nap you can panic."

Some of my other favorites:

In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.



It goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows.


If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it.


My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.


There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.


What's with you men? Would hair stop growing on your chest if you asked directions somewhere?

When humor goes, there goes civilization.



No comments:

Post a Comment