Wednesday, July 1, 2009

But You Got to Have Frrrrrrrrrrrrends - Bette Midler



My schedule has slowed down enough that I'm just feelin' my feelings these days. One of those feelings is gratitude for my friends.
My friend Linda is going through a divorce and some days we just need to talk some trash to work it out but I know her heart and she will be true to herself even if she can't remember who that is right now.
"A friend knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words" A couple of years ago I went through a real rough spot and my friends listened, admonished and loved me through it.
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
Today a friend took me out to lunch a month before my birthday because she isn't going to be here for the big day. She is the same friend who took care of me after my surgery. (Funny aside -- I remember taking off my clothes before the surgery and the next thing I remember is riding home in her car. It took about a week of recovery for me to realize she got me from gown to dressed to home. She is my friend for life. She knows too much)
Friends. Write one today?

No comments:

Post a Comment