Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goodness -- Gracious!


We picked up right where we left off....


A Vermont Mill on a pristine day

Sweet dreams in a friends home


A Louis Comfort Tiffany window in Kathy's church


Look who showed up for dinner in Gillian's garden


When God doled out spiritual gifts He dealt me the hospitality card. I've spent a lot of time looking over the fence wishing I had a "real" gift. Like healing or prophecy or I don't know.... walking on water?


Today I returned from a trip up north where I enjoyed being the house guest. I got to sleep in a foreign bed, see fresh sights, look at someone else's woodwork and not be compelled to dust it.


Dear friends cleared their calenders and welcomed me into their daily worlds.


They were gracious.


Gracious: (adjective) indulgent, generous, displaying divine grace or mercy, kindness.

I have a fresh perspective on this unflashy gift of hospitality.

Goodness -- responds to a request

Graciousness -- asks if there is anything else I can do?

Goodness -- shows up

Graciousness -- shows up excited

Goodness -- serves

Graciousness -- serves with a cherry on top

Goodness -- doesn't gossip

Graciousness -- spies people at their best and spreads it around

Hope you enjoy some photos of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment