Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some Things Never Change

I remember sitting on the top deck of our ship when we approached The Rock of Gibraltar.  It  looked like it had been there -- and was going to be there -- forever. 
On a tour of The Rock I found out that it was an English fortress during WWII.  It protected and stood.

It got me to thinking.....
I recently learned that once matter is present it will always exist in some form or another?  You can eat it -- plant it sweep it -- or explode it but it will still be present in one form or another.  Permanence is inspiring in this fickle world.
God's words and truths in the Bible are like that.  They hold up and hold true no matter who is in charge or in style. 
This year I am taking the time to do an extensive Bible study on the ancient book of Isaiah.  It takes a lot of time because I'm a very slow reader but it is plugging me into some truth that holds up.  It is like eating a steak dinner after living on Big Macs.

Ancient Words by Michael W. Smith
Holy words long preserved
for our walk in this world,
They resound with God's own heart.
Oh let the ancient words impart
Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help us cope
In this world, where e'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment