Thursday, May 23, 2013

Marking My Territory

The best way I know to make a temporary home "mine" is to cook and welcome guests.  That is just what I did last night at our home in London.
We met the most amazing family from London last year as they were receiving medical treatment for their son in Jacksonville.
He's cool,
 she's beautiful
 the kids are darling
 and I needed to see them again.

I ran here to pick up a bottle of wine
I guess the Brits call it like it is?
We used mismatched silver and plates, served right out of the pot and caught up on our lives.
Kath brought a dessert from a Turkish bakery that almost was too much temptation to wait until the end of the meal.
We said  - grace and
We felt -- grace.
What people are craving isn’t perfection.  People aren’t longing to be impressed; they’re longing to feel like they’re home.  If you create a space full of love and character and creativity and soul, they’ll take off their shoes and curl up with gratitude and rest, no matter how small, no matter how undone, no matter how odd.  From the Author of "Bread and Chocolate"
Good night -- London.



1 comment: