Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yum!


A few weeks ago Joe and I went to a restaurant and I ordered Cucumber Infused Water to drink. It was a lovely shade of pale green and I was intrigued. Well, it was about the most refreshing thing I've tasted in a long time. Determined to recreate it I researched it and came up with this formula. Try it. You'll be hooked too.
Cucumber Infused Water

Take two cucumbers and peel the skins off.
Cut the cucumbers in half length wise and scrape out the seeds.
Rough chop the cucumber and place half of the chunks and the peel in about 8 cups of water.
Boil for 20 minutes and let rest for a couple of hours or over night.
Remove peels and blend the cooked and raw cucumbers with a little water in the blender.
Add the rest of the infused water and sweeten with a little simple syrup. (That is 1 cup of water to 1 cup of sugar cooked to dissolve) Not too sweet just a hint of sweetness.
Strain through a sieve and I like to put one drop of green coloring in the pretty it up.
YUM!
Each time I serve it the women all ask for the recipe. Joe calls this "Girl Food".
Soooooooooo refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment