Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Usual Suspects

Several weeks ago this handsome boy -- Mr. blue Heron -- showed up in our yard. 
Well, let me tell you it has caused quite a stir among the Usual Suspects.  They don't know if they should befriend him or cry "foul".
All day long he poses on our bulkhead channelling his inner Maurice Chevalier. 
The girls flirt and the boys flap but he just holds forth gracing us with his presence.
Mother Goose
"I hope he doesn't notice my limp now that there is a fellow bigger than me on the pond!"
Elvis
"He's got the girls all shook up."
Sammy
"Is his 15 minutes over yet?"
The Girls
"Check out the legs on him.  Tall, blue and handsome.  Is he looking over here?"

I don't know how long he'll be around.  I think he might be a drifter but he has certainly livened up the old place.

No comments:

Post a Comment