Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Having the Right Address


We do not live in the neighborhood with the biggest houses or the fanciest cars but we live in the best neighborhood in town.
Last night I dashed off an E-mail proposing a yard blitz for one of our neighbors who has been working so much she hasn't been able to keep up her gardens. When I woke up this morning and checked my in-box I discovered we already have #12 committed to showing up. There will be rakes , child labor, wine coolers and more than a little laughter.
We often refer to our corner of the world as "Mayberry". Kids still play in the streets after school while the moms (having set up traffic cones) sit on lawn chairs and visit.
We have a sheriff, lots of Oppies and I'm probably fluttery Aunt Bee.
Who says "You can't go back in time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment