Friday, August 7, 2009

"It's Complicated"


I am an audio learner. My ears are keen at listening but when my eyes read those same words, comprehending is like pushing a truck uphill.
When a trend in language begins I tend to pick it up quickly. My curse is my radar picks up that phase or word a lot. A whole lot.
The new phrase that has been ricocheting lately is......"It's complicated."
I'm wondering what is the mass appeal of these words now?
I'm wondering if that tag line has become the shield-phrase for us when we don't want to own up or commit. Usually what is
complicated is that the obvious right thing to do is not what I am so inclined to do.
Follow through on the deal? Stay where I don't want to stay? Own up to my mistake?
Alllllllllll very complicated.
Usually there is another party who doesn't feel it is complicated at all. Uhhhhhhhhhhh that would be the person about to suffer the consequences.
Lot of complications going on out there.
I'm reminded of a very simple uncomplicated quote of Jesus'.
"Let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no'."
Wouldn't it be a relief if that phrase caught on? I'm waiting..........

No comments:

Post a Comment