Monday, August 10, 2009

May the Circle Be Unbroken


Sunday our grandson Cole Thomas was baptized. In our faith tradition this is a passage that marks the beginning of Jesus being the boss of your life. Direction is sought through prayer and Bible study. We believe that God went to a lot of trouble and 66 willing authors to send us His instructions and love.

Jesus promises to never leave us or forsake us after this mark in time.

It is a wonderful feeling as a parent or grandparent to know that no matter what life brings this child is in God's loving control now.

I fought this tradition for years and finally got down and dirty with God asking all of my hard questions until I could with full confidence say -- this is the truth and this is the way.

It just about killed me. There was nothing hip or cool about putting on this title. But really dying to my own will and giving in to His was part of the journey.

I'm embarrassed by the actions of myself and other Christians many times. But the truth isn't about who believes it -- it is about reality.

So welcome to the eternal fam Cole! It’s always good when the circle gets bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment