Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thought I'd Died and Gone to .....Louisville?

Yesterday I woke up in my bed in Jacksonville and this morning I woke up in my childhood house in Louisville. What a country!
I remember hearing a story about a little girl who was dying. She asked her Dad; "What is it like to die?"
He told her as a Christian it is like this:
Remember the times when we would be out late at night and you would fall asleep in the car? When you would wake up the next morning in your bed do you know how you got there? I picked you up and carried you to your bed.
That is what it is like. You go to sleep in this world then God carries you home and you wake up in your new home.
Maybe coming home and being home-sick and feeling loved and safe at home are all just prep for really going Home?

1 comment:

  1. So, any chance of a dinner with you and Aunt Francie while you are in town?

    ReplyDelete