Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Life is Just Ducky

As I sit at my computer this morning I am waxing nostalgic about Motherhood. This is Mother's Day week and what a sweet time to thank God that He allowed us the joy of being a co-parent with Him. It is the most satisfying, mystifying, stupefying, and multiplying task we as women are given on this earth. Last week this duck was just another duck on the pond. This week she is the soul source of protection and comfort for 13 little fuzz balls. She looks calmer and more important in this role. It is a glove that fits her.

But I also notice that unlike last week she doesn't go anywhere alone. Looks to me like she is OK with the freedoms she lost and proud of her groupies.
I am reminded of the quote by
Elizabeth Stone.....
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous -- it is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body"

No comments:

Post a Comment