Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things I Must Tell the Children -- A song by the Gaithers

How can I tell you the things I must tell you, the things I want you to know? All about living, and reasons for giving, and things that will help you grow. I've watched your diet and taught you to be quiet in places of worship and school; I've kept you well groomed with a nice tidy room (rarely) and I've mentioned the golden rule, but along the way did your heart hear me say that you don't have to earn my love? Not a thing you could do could make me stop loving you, just the joy you've brought is enough. There isn't a thing that the future could bring that could take back the gift that you are; you are a treasure I could never measure -- just some things I must tell you children.
I'm sure I've told you to mind all your manners and get to appointments on time; and child, how many times have I told you to hang up your clothes and finish the homework assigned? But did I make it clear, were you able to hear , as you slipped through the house and our lives, that God has a plan that you must understand no matter how much you "arrive".
Never stop dreaming, keep working and singing, but remember Whose child you are. Stand tall and walk straight and be home by 8 -- just some things I must tell the children. just one more thing, whatever you do, remember I love you! Just some things I must tell the children.

1 comment: