Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Doing Badly

I have known for years that I should begin a regular exercise routine. Sure I walk the dog for about two miles morning and evenings but I need to do something that will have a cardio effect and help my balance.

What has stopped me?
Pride of being a flop.
In Aerobics when the whole class turns left -- I do the Electric Slide to the right.
In Yoga when the teacher says touch your toes -- I can't.
Coordination has never been a skill of mine unless it is coordinating a wedding for 500 or a project for the Junior League.
But the time has come.
I'm starring down old age and know that I'm going to be sad if I can't go to the next Presidential Inaugural Ball and dazzle on the dance floor. If invited.
"Reggie, are you sure there isn't one more piece of mail for me in that bag?"
So, as I return back to my beloved home after a week of funerals I'm determined to sign up for help and get my fine self into fine shape.
The goal is not to be the prettiest but to be able to move into a future feeling up for all of the possible adventures still down the road.
It's going to be ugly, awkward and embarrassing but as Joyce Meyers always says; "I'm going to get over my sweet self!"

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! Wish I was in your aerobics class :)

    ReplyDelete