Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Three Times a Day

Happy Burden
Heavy Burden


Three Times a Day

by Bob Benson

Someone came to me the other day

And they were just burdened down with

Guilt and shame and hurt.

Tearfully they confessed a wrong.

There it was out in the open,

Like a giant black spot

On the pages of their life

And it seemed to cast a cloud

Over all of the bright, good things

That were really characteristic of them.

We weren't talking about
Weather or sports

We were talking about issues that were large and deep and real.

I was trying to figure out a way to help them believe again in themselves and

Most of all God's forgiveness.

And so I asked them

"Do you have any idea how many times you would have to do that before He even considered

Changing His feelings about you?"

""No."

"Do you know what it would take for Him to cease to dream and hope

For you?"

"No, I guess I don't."

"About three times a day for the rest of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment